SCOPE OF TUTORIAL PROPOSALS
We cordially invite you to submit your tutorial proposal to the IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2015).
Tutorials at ICHI 2015 will be presented by domain experts to cover current topics directly relevant to the conference theme of computing-oriented health informatics (a list of ICHI areas/topics can be found in the Call for Papers). Proposed tutorials should be comprehensive, informative, and appealing to ICHI 2015 attendees.
Each tutorial will be 120-180 minutes long. Tutorial instructors must make a commitment to prepare the tutorial materials (e.g., slides) that reflect the high quality standard of ICHI.
Tutorial instructors will receive free registration but not any financial aid from the conference.
All tutorials will be featured prominently in the conference program.
Each tutorial proposal should have two parts:
- Part 1: A 1-page extended abstract that includes: the title of the tutorial, the name and affiliation of the instructor(s), a description of the tutorial scope, the intended audience, and what new knowledge and perspectives the audience will gain by attending the tutorial, and a short biography of the instructor(s). This extended abstract will appear in the conference proceedings.
- Part 2: A full tutorial proposal that is at most 4 pages long and includes:
- A description of the main topics to be covered during the tutorial;
- Targeted audience and aims/objectives;
- If relevant, a description of real-world systems, experiences, and/or case studies to be discussed;
- More information on the instructor (e.g., biography/awards/home page);
- Any other information (e.g., previous tutorials given) that will assist the PC Co-Chairs and Conference Leadership to adequately review the tutorial proposal.
All aspects of the submission and notification process will be handled electronically. Submissions must adhere to the following formatting instructions:
- Submissions must adhere to the IEEE Proceedings Format available for LaTex and Word. Changing the template’s font size, margins, inter-column spacing, or line spacing is prohibited. Each tutorial proposal must be submitted as a single PDF file, formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- Each accepted tutorial will appear in the conference proceedings as a 1-page extended abstract.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted electronically by email to the Tutorial Chairs.
Tutorial proposals will be reviewed by the PC Co-Chairs and the Conference Leadership, based on the ICHI attendees’ likely interest in them, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), the planned materials to be used, and the expertise and credential of the instructor.
- Tutorial proposal submission deadline: April 4, 2015 11:59pm EST
- Notification of acceptance: July 25, 2015 11:59pm EST
- Camera-ready copy due:
August 15, 2015August 21, 2015 11:59pm EST